A few years after Microsoft released its XP operating system, pirated "Black Editions" started popping up on bittorrent sites and other online forums. The nickname is derived from its black or very dark desktop theme and the fact that it's an illegal version of XP, usually XP Professional.
There is no standard version of Windows XP Black. Not only is the OS pirated, but so is the software that's crammed with it. XP Black comes loaded with programs that would cost you thousands of dollars if you bought them properly. Depending on who puts the package together, you can get multiple versions of: browsers, CD/DVD burning software, business software--even security programs, which is ironic since it's almost impossible to find a Black Edition without malware.
Among the hacks in XP Black, it requires no serial number and it bypasses XP's Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) security measures. WGA validates the Windows license online. If you have a pirated version of XP, and WGA is loaded on your computer, you will receive persistent messages indicating as much, as well as what you need to do to get a genuine copy. Some of the earlier versions of XP Black have since been caught by WGA, as Microsoft improved its security technology. Pirates have also adapted--later versions of XP Black do not, or may never, receive these messages.
- MF4SBF Patch v2.0: Fixes the Windows XP slow boot bug which is caused by the "Microsoft .NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319" Service.
- TCP/IP Patch: Allows you to have 16777214 (Max) Half-Open TCP Connections instead of 10.
- Uxtheme Patch: Allows you to use un-signed Custom visual styles.
- SFC Patch: Allows you to disable and enable Windows File Protection with a registry key.
- RAID-5 Patch: This will enable Software RAID-5 Support.
2012.12.20 Change log:
- Added Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Runtime Libraries v11.0.51106.1.
- Replaced the "Keyfinder (Key Changer) v1.51.exe" with the "Windows XP Key Changer v1.0.vbs".
- Updated K-Lite Mega Codec Pack from "v9.5.0" to "v9.5.0".
- Updated Flash Player ActiveX Control from "v11.5.502.110" to "v11.5.502.135".
- Updated Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE) from "v7 Update 7" to "v9 Update 10".
- Updated Printer Update Pack and XPS Addon from "v1.2.1" to v1.2.2".
- Updated Windows XP Root Certificates Update (KB931125) from "Version April 2012" to "Version December 2012".
- Updated Tweak "Suppressing Microsoft Update nagging to install Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)" from "v4.15" to "v4.15".
- Includes all the new Windows XP Service Pack 3 Updates from 14.11.2012 till 11.12.2012.
- 233 MHz of processor
- 64 MB of RAM
- 800 x 600 screen resolution
- Up To 5 GB free hard drive space